- Do not rely on email communication alone to send money or ship a diamond. Always confirm via telephone before wiring or shipping goods
- Take extra precaution in the case of a first time customer/supplier OR if the shipping address or bank details of an existing customer changes.
- Use RapNet Trade Center to send and receive RapNet trade invoices.
- Check emails carefully for inconsistencies in sender names.
- Before making a payment, call the seller to confirm and verify their banking details. (Use the RapNet member directory to check the seller’s phone number).
- Make sure account names on the bank wire information match the seller company names.
- Only transfer money to a bank located in the same city as the seller. Any other transfer should be confirmed by telephone with the seller.
- Take note of the seller’s email address and watch for changes during negotiations. Sometimes it’s only a one-letter change. If the email address changes, call the seller.
- Be cautious of buyers or sellers using free email accounts like Gmail, Yahoo or Hotmail, as these are the easiest to hack.
- Make sure to use 2-step verification facilitated by email platforms like Google and Microsoft.
Please report any theft or fraud to firstname.lastname@example.org.